Crowe Horwath LLP is hiring a Business Analyst to work on various software development projects for its Tax Practice in Indianapolis, Indiana (IN).
- Gathers and understands business needs, processes, and requirements.
- Determines, documents, and prioritizes requirements from business stakeholders and clients.
- Manages the documentation and organization of business requirements and artifacts to ensure the project team develops and implements solutions that meet customer needs.
- Assists in the development of functional, conceptual, and logical design specifications.
- Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates requirements gathering sessions with the business to identify and drive complete requirements.
- Oversees change request processes including facilitating meetings with business and technology teams to assist in timely and quality project completion.
- May assist in duties similar to that of a Scrum Master to help facilitate execution of work on smaller projects
- Exploratory testing and other general testing tied into acceptance criteria of business requirements may be required on occasion
- 3-5 years of Formal Business Analyst experience with software applications
- Experience creating artifacts and documenting requirements for software development projects from a variety of business customers
- Experience creating functional requirements documents (artifacts)
- Experience in the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering and design
- Experience assisting formal Product Manager and software Development teams to meet end customer requirements
- Experience formulating and defining systems scopes and objectives
- Experience interacting with external or internal customers
- Agile/Scrum Experience or Knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Experience in the financial services market
- Project Management or Business Analyst Certification
- Experience with UI/UX design tools and techniques to display visual requirements and concepts such as Balsamiq Mockups
Crowe Horwath LLP is the 8th largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide professional services (audit, tax, consulting) to various industries, including healthcare (hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and large ancillary providers). With 28 offices nationally and 3,000 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.