This position provides tax processing, project and administrative support to the Tax business unit. Work products and projects include tax processing, letters, proposals, reports and other client deliverables. This position will require extensive people, communication, organizational, technical and process skills, and the ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high level of focus on quality, accuracy and confidentiality in all work products. Position reports to the Firmwide Tax Processing Leader and is a member of the Global Services Team.
Tax Processing and Project Responsibilities
- Process business and individual tax returns, including binding and assembly, and e-file, utilizing firm determined processes and procedures and firm tracking systems to ensure all data is entered.
- Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
- Prepare and distribute various types of business unit reports including recognizing trends and providing data analysis and reconciliation as well as summarize trends and provide recommendations.
- Research information and summarize findings using various Internet search engines and research sites.
- Administer content and materials on databases, SharePoint sites and other systems including document management.
- Support various special projects from start to finish using Microsoft, database or web based applications including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work and type are tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Use extensive knowledge of internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
- Evaluate and encourage process improvement to provide effectiveness and enhance service delivery.
- Develop, edit and format correspondence, letters, presentations, proposals, spreadsheets, .pdf files using Adobe Professional, PowerPoint and newsletters including coordination of distribution.
- Plan and participate in meetings/conference calls, including scheduling and communication, maintaining information and preparing and distributing materials, and following up on action items.
- Provide assistance as it relates to planning and preparations for speaking engagements, committee involvement and events, including creation and preparation of written and spoken materials.
- Provide calendar management for client or business unit meetings, including administration, scheduling, and communication.
- Coordinate travel arrangements through Concur booking tool or travel agents.
- Five years or greater administrative and project work experience working in Professional services and/or consulting firm environment is required. Tax processing experience preferred.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Intermediate level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Expertise in 2013 is preferred.
- Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology is strongly preferred.
- User expertise with office technology equipment such as videoconferencing and multi-function devices.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Solid analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels and work well independently and in a team with professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems with ability to guide others on processes.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule including some Saturday’s and late evenings based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, based on project schedules and peak business periods. Estimate an annual average of 5% overtime.
- Flexible to occasional travel based on business support need.
- Some light lifting, walking, standing and bending involved.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.