Crowe is seeking a Security Administrator (Patch Administration). This position's responsibilities will include administering the firm’s patching program, developing and administering a new vulnerability management program, SIEM administration, and provide backup for the identity and group management program.
Patching Program Administration will include:
- Review and approve changes to the patch management process (working with Security Compliance team).
- Notify Server/Network/Platform Administrator(s) when new patches are available.
- Coordinate the review of new patches with Server/Network/Platform Admin(s).
- Discuss patch releases at Change Management meetings when required.
- Conduct patch scans using Security Administration’s Vulnerability Management system on systems to identify known vulnerabilities and to confirm current patch levels are met.
- Review post-patch reports generated by Server, Platform, and Network owners.
- Management Report: Submit monthly patch report to the Information Security Officer, the Manager/Director for Infrastructure and Systems, and the Manager/Director of Security Compliance.
Vulnerability Program Administration will include:
- Write a Vulnerability program with defined policies and procedures
- Work with stakeholders to establish scheduling, and remediation policies, practices and implementation.
- Conduct vulnerability scans using Security Administration’s Vulnerability Management system on systems to identify known vulnerabilities and to confirm current patch levels are met.
- Maintaining SIEM system by making sure all SIEM deployment devices are working properly, efficiently and with desired performance
- Verifying availability, monitoring database loads, managing application performance, monitoring disk space, verifying log continuity and log management reports, application problem determination/problem source investigation, monitoring SIEM system patches and upgrades, installing application patches as needed, verifying data collection, verifying backups are running and complete.
Provide backup for Identity and Group Management program:
- Assist in account provisioning and deprovisioning processes
- Assist in distribution group management
- Work with internal groups to manage new hire onboarding
- TCP/IP (possesses fundamentals such as the various OSI layers), routing protocols and technologies. Windows specific networking
- Security technologies and best practices
- Proficiency with log monitoring applications, systems and network troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry certifications desired
- Patching Administration experience
- Vulnerability Program experience
- Maintaining Security Information and event management (SIEM)
- Ability to travel up to 10% yearly.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.