Crowe Horwath is adding an Accounting Supervisor to provide state budgeting and Fi$Cal support knowledge for our high-profile client engagement in Sacramento, CA. This position requires knowledge and application of accounting principles and procedures, governmental accounting and budgeting as well as the uniform accounting system. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the financial organization and procedures of the State of California and related laws, rules, and regulations.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and apply knowledge of state budgeting and Fi$Cal support to the client and team
- Apply principals, techniques of personnel management and supervision to the team
- Process accounting transactions and performing reconciliations with the department budget
- Provide knowledge and guidance on accounting systems and reporting
- Apply the principals of business management, including office methods and procedures, principals of public finance, capital assets and business law
- Analyze data and draw sound conclusions, adopting an effective course of action
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Make sound decisions and recommendations in regard to professional accounting department challenges of maintaining control of a departmental budget
- Bachelor Degree (MBA/CPA preferred)
- Preferred additional education includes courses in statistics, business finance, mathematics, college composition, speech/oral communications and/or business composition.
- Fi$Cal system knowledge required
- 4 to 6 years’ accounting experience
- Experience with state budgeting is required
- Previous management experience
- Experience with general ledger
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems
- Ability to identify and document solutions to complex problems with accuracy
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- An aptitude for learning and working with technology
Crowe Horwath Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With 30 offices and over 3,000 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world, consisting of more than 140 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 400 cities around the world.