This position is being opened as a resource for all Applied Technology (AT) teams to utilize. Every AT group has SQL databases of some sort, however none of our teams have a true Database Administrator. This resource would have two primary responsibilities: The first would be to reactively respond to client (internal and external) needs. The second would involve proactively looking at our various servers/databases (internal and external) to identify scalability & performance issues. This resource would likely work very closely with the Information Services department, however be focused solely on AT products.
• Research root cause for SQL Server performance related issues, and work with team to recommend/implement fixes
• Proactively identify performance gains in various SQL Server databases (e.g. index strategies, TempDB configuration, partitioning, compression)
• Ability to effectively work independently to identify issues and come up with options, then work with teams to implement
• Comfortable explaining rationale behind recommendations to various audiences (e.g. SQL Architects, Developers, Project Managers, etc)
• (required) 5+ years of SQL Server DBA experience
• (optional) Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (deployment/management for project & package models)
• (optional) Experience installing/configuring SSRS/SSAS solutions
• (optional) SQL Azure (or other Azure DB related skills)
Crowe Horwath LLP is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities, while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With offices coast to coast and 3,000 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.