Do you love your job, but don’t want the busy season hours? Are you interested in entering into a new challenging role that lets you take advantage of your tax skills, but looking for some additional flexibility? Crowe’s National Tax Office has an opening for a self-motivated individual interested in entering a new role within Tax. The responsibilities and opportunities of this role are:
- Use your experience to work with each tax service delivery line to optimize tax service quality while maintaining integrity and objectivity, adherence to professional standards, and applicable laws and regulations. There may be additional opportunities to expand your role based on your skillsets and interests.
- Regularly interface with partners, directors, and senior managers within all Tax groups as well as Firm leaders in legal, information systems, new product development, and risk management groups.
- Create real value by developing, refining, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures which provide maximum quality with minimum complexity. Read this article from the April 2015 issue of the Journal of Accountancy to learn more about the functions and importance of a Tax Quality team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 2-4 years of broad-based federal tax experience in public accounting, strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience
- CPA certification and/or JD/LLM, or working towards either
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to continually learn and explore new opportunities
- Some travel is required, but trips are generally no more than 2-3 days and you will not generally travel more than one month cumulatively during the year.
- An aptitude with technology is a plus.
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.