This position is the main contact responsible for the day to day operational support and administrative functions to the Miami office in the areas of reception, mail, conference room and alternative office services, event coordination and facilities maintenance. The person in this position provides administrative and project support to the various business units with a high level of focus on quality, attention to detail and accuracy; and requires technical competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness and ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required. The position will also provide administrative support to a Partner in the Audit Business Unit. The position requires fluency in reading, writing and speaking business Spanish and English. The ability to translate professionally between both languages is required. The individual must be a highly motivated self-starter who possesses well-developed problem identification, resolution and communication skills along with the ability to work independently and multi-task while balancing and prioritizing project work with daily responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Office Manager and is a member of the people and client support team.
- Develop, edit, format and produce correspondence, letters, proposals, presentations, spreadsheets, .pdf files using Adobe professional and newsletters, including coordination of distribution.
- Coordinate production of documents, including scanning, photocopying, binding, assembly and delivery upon completion.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in meetings, webcasts and conference calls, including scheduling and communication, maintaining information and preparing and distributing materials, taking minutes and following up on action items.
- Provide assistance as it relates to planning and preparations for speaking engagements, committee involvement and events, including creation and preparation of written and spoken materials.
- Prepare and distribute various communications and types of business reports and perform data analysis and reconciliation as well as summarize trends and provide recommendations.
- Provide calendar management for client or business unit meetings, including administration, scheduling, and communication.
- Use extensive knowledge of the internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
- Assist with Sharepoint site content management and administration.
- Research and document information using various Internet search engines and sites.
- Evaluate and establish and encourage process improvement to provide effectiveness.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work is prepared and tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Manage various projects from start to finish using Microsoft software and other firm systems or web based applications working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
Front Desk and Office Operational Support
- Support front desk administration including greeting visitors, maintaining guest book and temporary badges and processing fax distribution.
- Assist with meeting planning services to include conference room scheduling, set up, and catering and maintenance and supplies.
- Support to alternative officing services to include set up of reservation based workspace arrangements, maintenance and supplies, and local office utilization reporting.
- Assist with coordinating local office events and related activities.
- Responsible for small production print jobs and facilitating larger requests through firmwide production, including creating tabs, assembling sections in a specified order, and binding into a final product ensuring appropriate branding and firm standards guidelines are met.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for documents in accordance with firmwide records system.
- Responsible for US mail, FedEx and courier services to include mail sorting, delivery, and pick-up of all incoming and outgoing mail and interoffice packages.
- Assist with local office accounts payable coding process responsibilities.
- Maintain marketing collateral inventory in lobby.
- Maintain common areas in office including inventory, organizing and restocking supplies.
- Manage office supply inventory and related expenses, including stocking at printer stations, break room and conference rooms.
- Maintain network copier including toner replacement, troubleshooting prior to contacting vendor service, tracking and following-up on issues to ensure an acceptable uptime. Report network or telephone issues to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for local office safety program and liaison with building management.
- Contact for all vendor relations, safety and security, facility maintenance and repair issues including communication to Building Management relative to HVAC or lighting issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking business Spanish and English. Ability to translate professionally between both languages is required.
- Minimum of five years administrative experience supporting partners/directors and project work experience in a professional services and/or consulting firm environment.
- College degree in business administration, organization development or related field preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Working knowledge of CRM, SharePoint and Concur is preferred. Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- Extensive administrative background and technical competence with experience reviewing documents for quality assurance and managing projects from start to finish.
- User expertise of office technology equipment such as multi-functional devices and LCD projectors.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Highly effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, critical thinking, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond and keep business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Professional presence and exceptional client service skills, exercising a high level of confidentiality in all work products and communications.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work well independently and in a team with professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business consideration; capacity for rendering objective business decisions.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to teach and guide others on use of software, tool and process and utilize both technical and interpersonal skills to assist clients.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule (including Saturday’s and late evenings) as needed based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, based on project schedules and peak business periods.
- Flexible to occasional travel to our Fort Lauderdale office based on support need.
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, extensive walking, standing, and bending involved.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.