Professional Services Metro Resource Manager-New York (7735) Job
Date: Apr 19, 2014
Location New York, NY, US
Company: Crowe Horwath
Location: US-NY-New York
Firm Services: Tax Consulting - Federal Tax Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A highly visible position requiring the ability to interact with executives and staff at all levels. Ability to balance the Business Unit's (BU) needs with the needs of the professional staff is critical to this position. This position is responsible for at least 100 client service staff professionals and reports to the Associate Director of Operations for Audit and Tax with dotted line reporting to the HR Executive In-Charge (EIC). The person in this position is a member of the Audit and Tax operations team.
- Lead the scheduling effort within the geographical business.
- Conduct monthly meetings with local leadership, building a strategic partnership that helps them to run their practice
- Understand staff skillsets and clients and provide opportunities for individual growth, as well as ideal engagement teams for our clients.
- Scheduling and conflict resolution.
- Lead scheduling meetings with partner and manager groups.
- Actively manage productivity.
- Provide review and analysis of standard reporting.
- Understand forecasting and business financials.
- Liaison with other groups on a firm-wide and BU-wide basis when resources are needed.
Resource Development and Support
- Responsible for monitoring and approving CPE. Identify appropriate internal and external courses for staff and assist in the coordination of geographic based courses as necessary.
- Assist in the integration and onboarding of campus and experienced hires.
- Coordinate overall workforce planning for geographic areas, including understanding of hiring needs, both campus and experienced, and areas for learning and development.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process for geographic areas.
- Lead annual review process for geographic areas.
- Staff advocate. Available to all staff for issues they do not feel comfortable addressing with their performance manager or other leadership.
- Work directly with BU People Operation Leads on all HR matters.
- 5 to 7 years practice management experience in a service industry
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Proven ability to successfully manage offices/people remotely.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business operations.
- Strong technical skills, easily adaptable to new technologies, strong Microsoft excel skills
- Travel will be required, at least twice a month. This position may cover the OH market as well.
Job Segment: Tax, Consulting, Manager, Performance Management, Finance, Technology, Management, Human Resources