The Network Engineer will assist in managing and maintaining the network-related hardware, configurations and procedures required to meet the firm’s communications needs. Additionally this individual will be responsible for moderately complex engineering activities associated with one or more technical areas with the telecom function (such as network design, engineering, implementation, operations and user support). Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tunes, accordingly. Performs root cause analysis and implements corrective measures. Works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Manage network environment to ensure the installation, security, stability, reliability, recoverability, performance, and documentation of the network and voice transport and underlying infrastructure. By adhering to standards, procedures, and guidelines, team members perform and/or manage the intake, diagnostic, prioritization, execution, implementation and resolution processes, as well as, maintain the proper level of communication with the client and other IS staff involved in the resolution of the issue or task.
- In conjunction with other functional groups, determine network infrastructure requirements and specifications. Determine and recommend the timing of upgrades to network systems and applications to ensure system performance and stability
- Configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots telecommunications network components of a moderately complex nature to provide a secure, high performance network, including services for core LAN/WAN, VOIP(voice Over Internet Protocol), QOS (Quality of Service, COS (Class of Service), VLAN’s (Virtual Local Area Network), SBC’s (Session Border Controller) and SIP (session Initiated Protocol)
- Troubleshoots and performs repair in unplanned situations
- Specifies and coordinates installation of structured cabling and A/V (Audio/visual) equipment by 3rd party vendors
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients to meet their infrastructure requirements
- Participate and direct efforts with regard to disaster recovery and business continuity relating to the network infrastructure
- Investigate and stay abreast of technical and practical industry information related to the delivery of network and application services
- Collaborate with IS management to define and build the network infrastructure
- Hands-on working experience with networking hardware and operating systems
- Experience with enterprise Route/Switch and CLI
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, SD-WAN experience is advantageous
- Hands-on F5, Aruba, Cisco and Palo Alto experience is advantageous
- Proactive in problem solving and ability to see the “bigger picture”
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel, Word and Visio
- Practice the ability to balance client requests and business needs/goals in prioritizing assignments
- Identify and provide accurate, timely, and relevant communication to management on network and application technology changes and trends within the industry
- The ability to manage a number of projects, and be able to adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Flexible, agile and able to manage within ambiguity as necessary
- Excellent organizational/project management and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Willingness to work after-hours and during maintenance periods as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally to support office moves/renovations or hardware upgrades
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- Industry certification, a plus
- 5 years related work experience
- 2 years in Network Administration role
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!