The Global Services (GS) Project Manager manages mid-sized to large projects supporting GS led initiatives and/or initiatives that involve GS project management and participation with the firm’s internal clients. This position requires extensive administrative, people, communication, organizational, planning and project management skills, and a full understanding of firm policies and procedures. This position manages projects from original concept through completion and ensures projects are completed on time and on budget. Works on a variety of projects encompassing strategic, operational and administrative priorities. Develops detailed project scope, timelines/work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Leads project meetings and is responsible for adherence to quality standards and review of project deliverables. Communicates with project champions, steering committees, subject matter experts and other resources as needed to ensure successful project management and implementation. Reports to the GS BU Leader and is a member of the Global Services Business Unit.
- Lead strategic projects and develop and maintain project plans including scheduling and facilitating meetings, managing action items and providing guidance and direction to resolve issues list.
- Learn and understand the processes within project scope in order to make informed decisions and recommendations through implementation.
- Facilitate successful coordination and delivery of the project activities from planning to execution and according to budget and timeline and other internal considerations.
- Create and manage project plan sites using SharePoint technology including administering content and materials and document management.
- Report progress through project status report(s) and project review meetings.
- Align tasks and guide and manage resources to accomplish the project objectives.
- Communicate project status, direction, and issues along with proposed solutions to project sponsor, champions and key project stakeholders.
- Create and manage communication and implementation plans including assessing project risks and change management implications.
- Track and measure project success against budget, original scope, and project objectives.
- Perform data analysis and provide summary reports along with recommendations.
- Facilitate process improvement sessions including mapping workflow process designed to streamline activities.
- Evaluate and encourage process improvement to provide effectiveness as well as design, enhance or implement core processes and work flow to improve administrative delivery.
- Create workflow documents, PowerPoints, status reports and other project deliverables including communicating updates and maintaining information for future reference.
- Provide quality assurance on deliverables from project team.
- Understand and follow all quality standards and procedures including brand standards and guidelines.
- Manage various projects from start to finish using Microsoft software and firm applications.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work is prepared and tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Ensure project debrief sessions are conducted and lessons learned results are published.
- College course work in project management and equivalent experience is required. College degree is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required or a requirement to obtain within first year of role.
- Five or more years of administrative experience in a professional services firm environment with a minimum of five years of experience managing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide clear, informative, and timely information as appropriate to client and team.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web-based applications including SharePoint is required.
- User expertise of office technology equipment such as MFD’s and LCD projectors, and desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to build professional and respectful working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and the ability to respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Process oriented with high level of organizational skills including great attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to prioritize effectively while working on multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations; capacity for rendering objective business decisions.
- Strategic awareness and planning abilities.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath, including brand standards and guidelines.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive and resolve conflict.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Work well independently and in a team with positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; exhibits tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Use extensive knowledge of business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule based upon project work.
- Ability to travel based on business need, training, meetings, etc.
- Estimate an annual average of 5-10% overtime.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
About the Team:
Global Services (GS): Global Services (GS) executes strategies to create an exceptional client experience, greater synergy and high quality support to our people across the firm through a connected group of individuals who are deeply specialized in the areas of office operations, business support, project services, production, real estate, travel and tax processing; aligned geographically or globally.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach who will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every single day.
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are recognized for their expertise and understanding of process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!