The primary responsibility for the person in this role is to produce a variety of videos for internal communications and employer branding purposes, including single and multiple talent (including a monthly CEO video), animated videos/PowerPoints, voice-over productions and webcast recordings (AdobeConnect, LiveMeeting). The ability to develop graphic elements and infographics to support video projects and the overall communications strategy is required.
Video communications strategy
- Gains an understanding of the firm's vision and communications and employer branding strategy
- Support a video communications strategy to align with firm's vision and support employer branding awareness and people engagement improvement
- Coordinates scheduling and pre-production of video projects
- Transports and sets up lighting, video and audio equipment when necessary
- Films talent for videos
- Creates and/or acquires other media such as music, b-roll footage and images, for final videos
- Maintains production equipment (camera, lighting, audio equipment)
- Makes recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases
- Provides training and guidance for amateur-produced, self-directed videos (using laptop cameras, mobile devices, etc.) when necessary
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks, including reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction and final editing using Adobe Creative Suite video editing software
- Uses computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts
- Makes video products available in a variety of formats including DVDs or streaming media files
- Publishes video to internal platform
Video policies and practices
- Supports processes for video creation, use and distribution inside and outside the firm
- Communicates video policy to internal clients
- Enforces video standards across all internal video productions throughout the firm
- Uses Crowe TV, the firm's internal video repository to support clients with the request process, video approval governance, acquiring media files, etc.
- Regularly participates in Communications team meetings and occasionally organizes and leads team trainings and portions of team meetings
- Participates in a variety of discussions and projects within department that may, or may not be, related to video work, when capacity allows. This is a requirement of all Communications team members.
Education and training:
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications or video production or related field
- Experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production
- Knowledge of current professional video production procedures, practices, techniques and terminology
- Studio production with multi-camera shooting, cinematography, audio recording equipment, file compression, graphics manipulation, lighting and post-production equipment
- Advanced computer operations, standard software applications and advanced Adobe Creative Suite video editing software
- Proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production and post-production equipment
- Safety practices related to video production
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of analog and digital video cameras and video editing equipment, relevant systems and software
- Graphic design experience (for development of video graphics, infographics, etc) is required.
- Ability to creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form
- Ability to work with other technical and non-technical staff to organize and implement videotaping of informational or other educational related projects
- Ability to coach clients and talent to be comfortable in front of the camera
- Ability to develop and optimize workflow techniques to manage complex video projects effectively and efficiently
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively, clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to manage difficult conversations
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and/or able to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments
- Willingness to travel to video assignments on an as needed basis between 10 and 20 times per year
About the Team:
People Services (PS): PS helps Crowe attract, develop and retain the talent needed to meet and exceed Firmwide strategic goals. PS is organized into six delivery units:
- Learning and Talent Development Strategy - this area executes the firm’s strategy relative to the learning and development of our people including training, performance, career and leadership development.
- Internal Communications and Employment Branding: this area manages the execution of strategies to communicate with our people, improve the firm’s employment brand awareness in the market, and strengthen the firm’s reputation and our people’s development through corporate social responsibility efforts.
- Talent Acquisition - this area executes the recruiting strategy to position us competitively in meeting the needs of the business for both campus and experienced talent.
- Crowe Human Resource Services - this area executes the HR strategy and relative to critical people processes, procedures and tasks which occur throughout the year and through the various stages of the employee lifecycle – from hire to exit.
- Alumni Relations
- Diversity and Inclusion
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach who will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every single day.
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are recognized for their expertise and understanding of process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!