The Senior Cloud Engineer manages, maintains, monitors, and supports the day-to-day operations of the firm's cloud computing presence. Includes maintaining daily operational support, implementations, design, and security requirements. Provides cloud consultation services for business and delivery units who have specific and unique system and design requirements. Assists in deploying end to end solutions that include design, install, configuration, security, tuning, monitoring, upgrades and support of the cloud infrastructure.
Specifically, the Manager – Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for:
- In conjunction with other IS function groups and other business units, determine cloud infrastructure requirements and specifications. Recommend, coordinate and perform the implementation of cloud solutions. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain all supported cloud infrastructure and services. Perform installation, upgrade, and support activities with minimal disruption to the business while following standard change management policies. Maintain appropriate documentation related to cloud infrastructure. Perform and manage projects as assigned.
- Develop repeatable processes and/or scripts to allow the timely and efficient deployment of those Cloud services used by the firm.
- Assist in the development of monitoring and reporting tools to ensure the Crowe IS team is aware the current state of the various cloud systems. These tools should also highlight where systems may be experiencing resource constraints and/or systems that are no longer being utilized.
- Provide and coordinate support for cloud infrastructure and cloud services such that issues are resolved. This includes: performing, monitoring, and/or managing the intake, diagnostic, prioritization, and resolution processes, as well as maintaining the appropriate level of communication with the client, IS Management, and other IS staff involved in the resolution of the issue. This requires availability during non-business hours to respond to escalation alerts.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate cloud provider and solutions based on project needs. Ensure that deployed solutions meet firm security and governance standards.
- Assist area management with the evaluation, selection, and management of vendors, third party providers, and consultants for applicable services and products. Identify and recommend cost-saving opportunities.
- Plan and implement the remediation of security issues as defined by the firm's Security team.
- Investigate and stay abreast of technical and practical industry information relating to cloud computing.
- Assumes full ownership/responsibility for his/her assigned responsibilities, and delivers services within the agreed upon guidelines (budget, timeline) with little or no supervision.
Skill sets required include:
Senior Systems Engineer
- In-depth knowledge and experience designing, administering, and managing cloud computing solution and services, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with scripting, automation, and configuration management solutions.
- Financial analysis review of cloud spending. Ability to communicate back to consumers and right size solutions as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to present complex technical information to people at all levels of the firm.
- Strong technical and analytical skills required in solving complex system infrastructure issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or engineering fields, or equivalent experience.
- Industry certification, a plus
- 3 years related work experience
About the Team:
Information Services (IS): Information Services manages the firm's infrastructure design and security, project management office, architecture, enterprise application services, client service and infrastructure and administration.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach who will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every single day.
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are recognized for their expertise and understanding of process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!