The Senior Budget Manager is a key position within the Budgets Branch at California High Speed Rail Authority and will work as a counterpart to the Chief Budget Officer. This position will oversee staff and be a key technical resource for monitoring state budget allocations, reporting on project level expenditures to the Board, and performing reconciliations of various source data. This senior management position will be required to have knowledge of the California state budgeting process, accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting for large capital projects. The ideal candidate will have high level technical skills with Microsoft Excel, Visio, and Power Point and have solid communication and presentation skills. The candidate should have experience with large financial ERP systems and an understanding of government accounting and budgeting principles. This position requires ability to identify issues, analyze solution options and implement process and technology improvements.
• Advanced Degree in Business, Accounting or related discipline.
• 10 years’ budget, financial analysis, and reporting experience.
• FI$Cal (Hyperion, PeopleSoft) desired.
• Ability to lead and manage staff or project team.
• Ability to communicate complex financial information to executives.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems.
• Ability to identify and document solutions to complex problems with accuracy.
• An aptitude for learning and working with technology.
• Aptitude and desire to develop and implement process and technology improvement ideas.
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. VBA and Macros) preferred.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are recognized for their expertise and understanding of process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing!