The SQL Database Administrator will assist in managing and maintaining the database-related processes and procedures required to meet the firm’s information needs. Additionally, this individual will manage the installation, configuration, security, tuning, and support for each of the relational database management servers, and the applications which depend upon this environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage database environment to ensure the installation, security, stability, reliability, recoverability, performance, and documentation of the databases and underlying application infrastructure. By adhering to standards, procedures, and guidelines, team members perform and/or manage the intake, diagnostic, prioritization, execution, implementation and resolution processes, as well as, maintain the proper level of communication with the client and other IS staff involved in the resolution of the issue or task.
- In conjunction with other functional groups, determine hardware and software database and application infrastructure requirements and specifications. Determine and direct the timing of upgrades to database systems and applications to ensure system performance and stability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients to meet their database and business application infrastructure requirements.
- Assist in the management of the firm's enterprise backup infrastructure, and perform activities to ensure data recoverability.
- Participate and direct efforts with regard to disaster recovery and business continuity relating to the database infrastructure, and the applications which depend upon this environment.
- Investigate and stay abreast of technical and practical industry information related to the delivery of databases and application services.
- Collaborate with IS management to define and build the database infrastructure.
Skill Sets Required Include:
- Strong database administration and technical knowledge is required for solving complex database and business application infrastructure issues, for planning and managing projects, for implementing best practices, and for establishing and maintaining database technology architecture decisions.
- Maintain a strong, in-depth knowledge of relational database management systems, and the applications which rely upon this environment, and implement automated processes and procedures for monitoring, event detection, and alerting.
- Practice the ability to balance client requests and business needs/goals in prioritizing the team's work, and staff developmental opportunities.
- Provide assistance with data manipulation, create ad hoc reports and/or queries, and develop system level procedures and routines.
- Identify and provide accurate, timely, and relevant communication to management on database and application technology changes and trends within the industry.
- The ability to manage a number of projects, and be able to adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible, agile and able to manage within ambiguity as necessary
- Excellent organizational/project management and analytical skills.
- Willingness to work after-hours and during maintenance periods as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- Industry certification, a plus
- 10 years related work experience
- 5 years in Database Administration role
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every single day.
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!