Are you looking to start your tax career in the right direction with a nationally recognized public accounting and consulting firm? Staff National Tax Office Accountants at Crowe may work on a variety of clients in the following industries: Life Sciences, Software, Manufacturing & Distribution, Construction & Real Estate, Financial Institutions and Automotive Dealerships.
Services offered include:
- Research & Development Credit: Calculating and substantiating the research and development tax credit for companies in all industries.
- Fixed Asset Solutions: Cost segregation studies, depreciation method studies, Section 179D tax deduction studies, and capitalized repairs studies. Cost segregation studies provide value to clients by reclassifying property to accelerate depreciation.
- Section 199 Domestic Production Activity Deduction: Evaluation of appropriate methodologies for quantifying Domestic Production Gross Receipts and allocating and apportioning expenses under Section 861 regulations.
- Meals and Entertainment Studies: Identify, document, and calculate appropriate meals and entertainment deduction which includes statistical sampling techniques; reviewing sample transactions; preparing detailed deliverable; and providing recommendations for future recordkeeping policies
- Accounting Method and Inventory: Analysis of current accounting methods to identify potential more optimal methods in areas including: inventory management, revenue recognition, transaction costs, accruals, and tangible/intangible asset methods.
In addition, staff will have diverse opportunities to work as a team member on both domestic and international client engagements.Qualifications
Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA required
- Strong academic credentials – Minimum major and cumulative GPA of 3.0 required. Minimum major and cumulative GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Desire to travel (avg. travel 20% - 50%)
- Compatible with virtual team environment
- Strong Excel background (MS Access is a plus)
- Good verbal and written skills (client interaction from Day 1)
- Presents well (will spend significant amount of time in field or on phone with clients)
- Interested in consulting or tax services
- Organized and self-motivated (many projects are one-offs, so less structure to rely on for process than traditional tax/audit practices)
- Helpful Backgrounds (definitely not required!)
- Engineering / Sciences
- Construction / Architecture
- Legal / Law (JD, LLM)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Car may be required to travel to client site
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.