The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for accounting and financial initiatives for California High Speed Rail Authority. This senior management position will be required to have knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting for large capital projects. The ideal candidate will have high level technical skills with Microsoft Excel and Power Point and have solid communication and presentation skills. The candidate should have experience with large financial ERP systems and an understanding of government accounting principles. This position requires ability to identify issues, analyze solution options and help implement process and technology improvements.
• Advanced Degree in Business, Accounting or related discipline.
• 8-10 years’ financial accounting and reporting experience.
• Active CPA certification is required.
• State of CA accounting experience is strongly preferred.
• FI$Cal (Hyperion, PeopleSoft) desired.
• Ability to lead and manage staff or project team.
• Ability to communicate complex financial information to executives.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems.
• Ability to identify and document solutions to complex problems with accuracy.
• An aptitude for learning and working with technology.
Crowe Horwath Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.