Nationally-focused team player to deliver on client engagements; collaborate with other Crowe practices to build cross-functional relationships:
- Plan the scope of work for engagements, oversee day-to-day activities, assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables, and effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Perform and manage valuation teams on projects with the ability to multi-task between several projects independently (unsupervised capacity)
- Manage client relationships with the goal of becoming the point person for designated key clients
- Consult with clients in all aspects of the valuation process
- Must be able to articulate deal issues and document accounting issues clearly with a concise writing style for the preparation of reports
- Deliver on valuation engagements in a variety of industries for financial reporting, tax and consulting
- Perform reviews of third party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Supervise, mentor and train staff; provide timely and effective performance feedback and training
Utilize Advisory Manager Role Capabilities:
- Applies results of data analysis process with knowledge of financial and emerging management concepts, accounting and operational systems, other business data, performance measures and benchmarks to identify trends, risk/problem areas and opportunities to deliver high quality services or improve client business results
- Assesses client and engagement risk based on external factors (e.g., economic, financial, industry, market, etc.) and internal factors (e.g., business, operational and financial strategies and processes); Develops strategies to mitigate risks while maximizing business results
- Conducts engagement in compliance with applicable professional, legal, regulatory and firm requirements
- Actively seeks and supports new revenue opportunities for the firm by identifying innovative strategies to create business opportunities for desired markets; Identifies opportunities to add value to existing clients or to capture new clients by bringing them targeted, effective ideas and solutions
- Positions team for successful engagement execution, quality results and client satisfaction by clearly articulating project parameters, managing resources and processes and anticipating and resolving issues; Delivers on client commitments while meeting budget and realization goals
- Improves brand awareness, visibility and business opportunities (within the firm and in the external market)
- Provides value-added strategies or services to assist clients in achieving their business objectives and to assist clients in resolving issues by matching in-depth understanding of client’s business with expert knowledge of industry trends, benchmarks or best practices.
- Expertise in Financial Reporting Required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field required
- Valuation or relevant accreditation required (ASA, CFA, ABV)
- 6+ years’ experience in valuation
- Manage and deliver business and intangible valuations for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, corporate services and management planning purposes
- Strong experience performing business assessment & analysis, contingent consideration (earn-outs) and share-based award valuations (SARs, options), purchase price allocations, valuation of intangible assets and liabilities, preparation of valuation reports/schedules, understanding of financial reporting and tax related valuations
- Experience in management of projects and staff in field and local office.
- Must be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple valuation engagements and manage client relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid analytical financial modeling skills, the ability to work well in a team environment and a commitment to mentoring and developing staff
- Must drive sales opportunities beginning in local market and expanding nationally
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Advisory Services (AS) provides transaction support, bankruptcy and restructuring advisory, valuation, corporate finance advisory, litigation and dispute resolution consulting and forensic investigation services. AS provides strategic vision and training to Crowe Horwath International's Global Corporate Advisors (GCA), comprised of corporate finance professionals from independent Crowe Horwath International member firms. AS team members collaborate with other Crowe practices on solutions for a broad range industries from financial institutions to manufacturing and beyond. Learn more about the Advisory Services practice.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every single day.
MORE ABOUT CROWE HORWATH:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!