Crowe Horwath is seeking a DevOps Engineer responsible for accelerating the delivery of client-facing and internal applications. This person will lead Crowe Horwath’s effort to define and organize its Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) processes and will lead the selection and implementation of tools to enable rapid and consistent development and delivery of software.
Ideal candidates for this role will have both operational systems and software development experience that provides them with a good understanding of the software development processes as well as maintaining and operating systems to meet and surpass uptime SLA’s.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with IT Operations and Software Development teams to design, develop, implement, and manage an automated DevOps release management process required to achieve CI and CD objectives
- Establish the right DevOps ALM tooling and processes for the development and systems teams to achieve fully automated release management pipeline which would include: an automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging data
- Collaborate with software architects, developers, and systems teams on improving software deployment, configuration, monitoring, and operations
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve specific project objectives and work with project technical leaders on implementing release automation within their own specific projects. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality
- Maintain an awareness of industry and market best practices to generate actionable plans for ongoing system improvements
Engineer deployments to Azure, On-Premises, and hybrid environmentsQualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of build automation and release management from development, QA, UAT, through production environments in a continuous delivery model
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration and release management tools, such as VSTS, MSBuild, GitHub, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Ansible, etc.
- Strong Scripting (PowerShell) and systems-related programming skills
- Experience with SharePoint 2013 or higher
- At least 3 years of experience of systems administration skills with the Microsoft technology stack, (Windows, SQL Server)
- Must have solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, Network security, Load Balancers, VPN, Firewalls.
- Experience with Azure Services, especially Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Knowledge of virtualization a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with business analysts, software developers, system administrators, DBA’s, network engineers, IT security analyst, and third-party service providers in cross-functional teams
- Experience and comfortable working and supporting multiple Agile development teams
- Experience with systems development life cycle and structured programming methods (both traditional and agile), including requirements definition, solution design, program development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance
- Experienced in providing accurate estimates and contribute towards developing estimation guidelines
- Track record of meeting and/or exceeding established business, project and performance goals
- Track record of working on projects to success within established timelines and budgets
- Ability to travel occasionally
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.