In this multi-faceted role, the individual will be responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Risk Business Unit, in the area of Resource Management in maintaining an accurate schedule and maximizing utilization and productivity of the Practice. This is an opportunity to work with individuals at all levels from staff up to Firm partners to gain an understanding of our business, identify resources with the appropriate skillsets to serve new engagements and provide employees with opportunities throughout their career. This role reports to the Operations Director for the Risk Business Unit.
- Review, analyze and maximize the utilization of our people based on their skills and career development goals while meeting the needs of our clients and our business objectives.
- Execute the scheduling function within the Risk Consulting business unit, which includes maintenance of an up-to-date schedule, staff allocation, conflict resolution, alignment of staff career goals, and reporting. This includes the following:
- Manage daily scheduling requests by accurately updating requests for the Scheduling System.
- Confirm bookings created by Risk resources.
- Review Scheduling System for unsold and sold/unconfirmed bookings to confirm the status with leadership.
- Ensure employee bookings are accurate and do not exceed 100% capacity unless excess time is intentional.
- Manage scheduling conflicts and determine resolutions by working through engagement leadership.
- Primary point of contact for personnel; ensure resources are receiving timely and appropriate feedback staff.
- Collaborate with the People Operations team regarding HR related issues, initiatives and activities.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting to assist in project and people management.
- Participate in scheduling calls with leadership to gather and update the scheduling system for upcoming client commitments.
- Track any moved/removed client work from the system.
- Create placeholders for new employees/interns before they start and work with leadership to fill in their schedule.
- Update schedule system for employee resignations, which includes reassignment of engagements, changing the status of the employee for their last day.
- Review and follow up with individuals and leadership regarding any weekly chargeable variances.
- Respond to questions timely; direct questions to appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years previous recruiting, staffing, coordinator experience
- Professional services industry experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent multi-task management and time management skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.