The Firmwide Application Platform Specialist position is a technical role that resides within the Information Services organization of Crowe Horwath. The individual in this position is responsible for configuration, no-code enhancements, administration, training, establishing procedures & documentation and end-user support for a subset of platforms used to support the internal operations of the firm. Under the direction of the Firmwide Application manager, this position supports the following software platforms:
- Resource Scheduling – Retain Enterprise and Retain Web
- Collaboration & Document Management – Microsoft SharePoint, DocuSign and Nintex Workflow
- Customer Relationship Management – Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Expense Management – SAP Concur Expense
This role is responsible for understanding how these platforms work with each other and their strengths and weaknesses in order to compose new solutions to business needs within these functional areas. In addition, the role requires a strong problem solving capability in order to provide efficient end-user support and diagnose root causes of issues. Preparing for annual maintenance of these platforms is another key role responsibility in order to keep the platforms viable and well positioned to support the evolving business needs of Crowe and the markets we operate.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Actively engages with stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business needs to improve productivity and information availability through the company's intranet and other firmwide platforms.
- Uses business analysis techniques to gather business requirements and design effective solutions on small projects.
- Continuous research and learning on native platform features and capabilities.
- Advocates and guides clients on the use of native platform capabilities to meet business requirements.
- Consults with software development teams on solution options when requirements exceed native platform capabilities.
- Coordinates support efforts and materials with the IS Help Desk to effectively provide end-user support.
- Monitors and responds to requests for level two support on responsible platforms.
- Develops and provides training to end users.
- Works directly with software platform vendors on support cases needing escalation.
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of software platform roadmaps issued by vendors.
- Participates and contributes as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on larger projects involving responsible platforms.
- Creates and publishes standard operating procedures for routine activities.
- Follows firm change management procedure to implement changes into production instances of platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference given to technology-based degrees.
- 3+ years of experience using MS Office 2010 or later suite.
- 2+ years of experience in performing business analysis and requirements gathering in a written form.
- 2+ years of experience with SharePoint 2010 or higher content structure design, configuration, and native solution (non-code based) development utilizing most of these capabilities:
- Content Types (Custom and Native)
- Designer Workflows
- Content rollup web parts
- Web part pages
- Groups, permissions and permissions inheritance
- Experience with SharePoint Designer preferred.
- Creative and strong customer and product-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in delivery of user adoption programs, including training curriculum and innovative SharePoint adoption programs preferred.
- Experience with resource scheduling products such as Retain is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus.
- Experience with Concur’s Expense management product is a plus.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.