Public Sector ERP Project Manager
Crowe Horwath is currently seeking a strong Public Sector ERP Project Manager to help lead and manage the delivery of public sector ERP implementations, as well as lead and manage the scoping and creation of fixed fee proposals for ERP public sector implementations.
This position is for a Public Sector ERP Project Manager in a growing national ERP implementation practice. Crowe has been successful in building the market for airports, transportation authorities, lotteries, and other public sector agencies throughout the United States, and is looking to aggressively grow this practice. The government ERP implementation practice offers a strong, path to partner or director within the firm.Qualifications
Responsibilities (ERP Implementation Project Management)
- Plan and manage client projects (typically fixed fee projects)
- Develop strong relationships with clients and manage client communication and expectations throughout the implementation.
- Lead and mentor functional and technical resources throughout the ERP implementation
- Oversee the definition of client business requirements and the configuration of the Dynamics ERP solution to meet the defined business requirements
- Assist in managing business process redesign activities, as needed
- Oversee the technical team for any installation, data conversion, and functional enhancement activities
- Oversee the validation of the new solution and help drive the cutover planning and preparation
- Help grow younger staff within the public sector ERP practice
Responsibilities (ERP Proposal Creation)
- Proactively manage and coordinate multiple resources (functional and technical) to develop scope, plan/estimate, technical architecture and responses to RFP on a defined timeline.
- Assist in the development of scope for the fixed fee implementation.
- Develop the project plan, estimated cost, timeline and milestone payment schedule for a fixed fee, fixed scope implementation.
- Proactively work with subcontractors (if needed) to finalize the subcontractor’s scope of work, plan, assumptions and cost – and integrate into the overall proposal.
- Develop key sections of the proposal (e.g. implementation approach, project management approach, training, assumptions, support, project team/governance, etc.)
- Previous consulting experience
- 5+ years of experience managing ERP implementations
- 2+ years of experience managing the delivery of public sector ERP projects, primarily at the state and local level
- 2+ years of experience developing proposal responses
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Solid experience managing fixed fee projects
- Experience working with technical resources regarding installation, custom development and other technical activities required to successfully deliver a large scale ERP project.
- Experience building teams and developing staff
- Some familiarity with financial and operational processes, including:
- General Ledger, Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable, Cash Management
- Projects and Grants
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
The following items would be nice to have:
Locations: Chicago; may consider other locations
Crowe Horwath Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With 30 offices and over 3,000 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world, consisting of more than 140 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 400 cities around the world.