Our ITA consultants consistently re-invent their skills by staying on top of IT industry and business trends and through actively engaging with dozens of actual client IT environments each year. Our teams are small, which means every member is responsible for delivering insight, recommendations, and team leadership as part of their role.
The Consulting position involves leading and collaborating on IT advisory projects; helping clients make sound IT investments, align business needs with IT services, and execute large IT implementations. The position requires an ability to assess client IT capabilities (people, process, and technology), engage directly with client functional business leadership, lead and execute complex IT projects, communicate across multiple stakeholder groups, and lead change within a client organization.
Your role in our IT Advisory Practice would be to help us deliver across 5 core offerings:
- IT Due Diligence
- As part of a Private Equity Group’s evaluation of a target company, we assess the current state of IT and provide key recommendations for post-investment execution
- Key Areas of assessment Include: IT spend, IT organizational structure, business applications, security, IT infrastructure, and capacity to meet future business needs
- IT Strategy Roadmaps
- We uncover key business objectives, assess the current IT state, and outline a multi-year IT strategy of many IT initiatives in order to drive results
- We assess the risk and potential business impact of each project and create a phased approach for implementation on these critical initiatives
- IT System Selection
- We guide companies through the process of making their most critical and long lasting IT decisions
- We uncover key business requirements, research potential providers, assess alternative IT vendors, and build consensus around the winner
- IT Project Management Office
- Companies often need support executing their most critical projects. Our team members may serve to fill key management roles as part of these projects
- We deliver through a structured project management framework to oversee the successful completion, working with client resources, vendors and consultants
- IT Mergers, Acquisitions & Integrations
- We set strategy and oversee the integration of all IT related aspects of a Merger or Acquisition
- This high intensity process includes combining infrastructure, applications, people, and process
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Great candidates for this unique position will have the desire and ability to:
- Consistently reinvent and grow as IT changes and personal responsibilities increase
- Work directly in a client facing role, engaging with business and IT teams to uncover solutions and execute on strategy
- Contribute in all 5 core offerings listed, often supporting multiple projects at once
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in written form
- Travel to client sites, across the US
- Research IT industry trends and summarize/ present findings to the IT Advisory Team
- Provide strong visual diagramming and note taking skills and ability to turn client meetings into project insights
- Create project deliverables including written reports, PowerPoint presentations, Visio diagrams and Excel analytics
- Confident speaking skills to support direct engagement with clients and our team
- Strong business writing ability (professional emails, status updates, reports, PowerPoints)
- Knowledge across a broad range of IT issues such as software, hardware, governance, procedures
- Analytical & problem solving capabilities to identify and address client needs
- Flexibility in prioritizing and completing assignments
- Managing personal workload without missing deadlines
- Confident in actively seeking personal improvement, guidance, and feedback
- Must have 6+ years of IT execution or consulting experience
- Must have 2+ years of enterprise architecture and/or enterprise systems implementations
- Must have demonstrated technical capability in some of the following: IT strategic planning, IT application implementation, system assessment, IT infrastructure operations, and/or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Beneficial to have 1+ years in process design and optimization
- Beneficial to have 2+ years in IT project management
- Experience with IT standards (e.g., ITIL, ISACA, or APQC)
- Willingness to travel extensively (including overseas)
- Must have strong subject matter knowledge and service delivery experience
- Beneficial to have an understanding of manufacturing and distribution industry trends
- Demonstrated strong communication skills as evidenced by ability to articulate complex technical and business concepts to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with business executives and develop business justifications from IT projects
Locations: Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Livingston, NJ; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH
Travel is required, up to 100% on occasion.
At Crowe, it’s not enough to have a job. We want you to have an exciting and exceptional career, with challenging projects, continuous learning and leadership opportunities. You’ll be challenged to exceed expectations!
At Crowe, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How can you Grow?
We’ll nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach and Mentor that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.