As a software engineer in the AT-Risk group, you will be working on the Apache stack, building and implementing technology focused on anti-money laundering (AML) for banks throughout the United States. These products need to handle massive amounts of data in a distributed and real-time environment in order to provide value to the clients. As a software engineer implementing the finished products, you'll be responsible for working directly in the client's data lake, and connecting all components together on the back-end as well as the UI. Our products are primarily developed in Scala and work with a wide range of open source technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, and Kafka.
• Solid object-oriented programming and design skills in Scala (preferred) and Java/Python
• Bachelor's degree (minimum) in computer science or similar technical field
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on prioritized tasks
• Good communication and interest in working as part of a team
• Experience with Docker, Mesos and Marathon
• Experience with distributed data processors, such as Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, Hadoop
• Understanding and practical use of Akka and Elasticsearch
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.