The IT Audit Senior Manager will be responsible for planning, supervising staff, and executing IT Audit, IT SOX, and IT Risk Consulting engagements as well as lead and support demand creation and business development efforts.
- The IT Audit Senior Manager will manage projects to ensure high quality delivery within the project budget.
- Managers are to be hands on in the delivery and execution of project tasks for complex technology environments.
- Managers are expected to have the ability to present and communicate status and issues to client senior management personnel. The IT Audit Manager will set performance expectations for senior and staff level.
- Participating/leading strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product offerings and services.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and identify new opportunities for business.
- Defining performance expectations for senior and staff level IT auditors and providing performance feedback.
- The IT Audit Senior Manager will play an active role in developing business in the local market
Typical IT Audit Senior Manager responsibilities on a client engagement include:
- Managing and leading IT Risk Audit/Consulting engagements.
- Overseeing the engagement economics of the project that includes budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing workpapers.
- Preparing final versions of audit and consulting reports.
- Providing technical guidance to Crowe staff and client organization personnel with respect to information systems, technology architecture, and security.
- Communicating issues and status to Crowe executives and client senior management.
- Consulting with clients to understand and address their needs.
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information.
- Systems Major is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the areas of IT audit, corporate IT Audit, SAS 70/SOC, IT Financial Audit Support or IT Risk consulting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate should have solid experience in planning engagements, managing IT audit projects, supervising personnel and developing audit work programs.
- Work experience of at least several years with a top tier consulting firm or a Big Four accounting firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of midrange or mainframe architecture (IBM iSeries or IBM OS/390).
- Auditing network operating systems (Novell NetWare or Windows Active Directory).
- Evaluating application controls for Oracle Financials, SAP, Lawson, Hyperion or PeopleSoft Financials.
- Audit planning, execution, and project management.
- Drafting reports and executive summaries on IT control issues for senior management personnel.
- Performing technical IT audits or audits of IT controls that support financial or business operations.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Travel expectations: 0 to 60%.
This position may require national or international travel.
Additional Skills Desired:
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Manager level experience with a Big Four accounting firm, top tier consulting is preferred but not required.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.