The person in this position is responsible for providing focused operations support for the front office services, which includes reception, USPS mail, UPS deliveries and pickups, courier service, utilization reporting for FWRE, conference room reservations and alternative office services. This position requires technical competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the willingness and ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required. This individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, be highly motivated, a self-starter, work independently, and possess problem identification and resolution skills. This individual must have a high level of focus on quality, attention to detail and accuracy. This position requires well-developed communication skills and the ability to respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner. This position will be responsible for managing multiple priorities and requires a high degree of flexibility and an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. Reports to the Office Manager and is a member of the people and client support team.
Front Desk and Operational Support
- Responsible for answering a multi-line Lync phone system with daily monitoring of general voicemail box and distribution of messages.
- Support front desk administration including greeting visitors, arranging for local transportation, maintaining guest book and temporary badges and processing fax distribution.
- Assist with meeting planning services to include conference room scheduling and set up, video conferencing, and maintenance and supplies.
- Assist in handling reservations and confirmations for internal meeting rooms including meeting set up and clean up.
- Assist in handling reservations, confirmations and set/up and supplies of hoteling workspace.
- Assist in updating daily lobby presentation.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing US mail, FedEx and courier services.
- Contact for facility maintenance or repairs including communication to Building Management relative to HVAC or lighting issues.
- Maintenance of common areas in office including inventory, organizing and restocking supplies.
- Develop, edit and format letters, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, proposals, project resumes, confirmations, mass mailings and all other client deliverables from draft stage to client-ready work.
- Prepare and distribute business unit reports including recognizing trends and providing data analysis and reconciliation.
- Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
- Assist with SharePoint site content management and administration.
- Coordinate the production of reports and documents, including scanning, photocopying, binding, assembly and delivery upon completion.
- Research and document information using various Internet search engines and sites.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work is prepared and tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Manage various projects from start to finish using Microsoft software and other firm systems or web based applications working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Five years or greater administrative support and project work experience in a professional services and/or consulting firm environment.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion, technical competence and office administration ability.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- User expertise of office technology equipment such as videoconferencing, multi-functional devices and LCD projectors.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Highly effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond to and resolve issues while keeping business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work well independently and in a team with professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business consideration; capacity for rendering objective business decisions.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to teach and guide others on use of software, tool and process and utilize both technical and interpersonal skills to assist clients.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule as needed based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work some overtime as needed around peak business periods and project schedules.
- Flexible to occasional travel based on business support need.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.