The person in this position is responsible for providing operational support to the Denver office in the areas of front desk reception, mail, records, conference room and mobility workspace services, event coordination and facilities management. This position will also provide project support to the various business units and requires technical competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a high level of focus on quality, attention to detail and accuracy. The individual must possess well-developed communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while balancing and prioritizing project work with daily responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. Reports to the Office Manager and is a member of the people and client support team.
- Develop, edit and format letters, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, proposals, project resumes and all other client deliverables from draft stage to client-ready work.
- Prepare and distribute business unit reports including recognizing trends and providing data analysis and reconciliation.
- Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
- Research and document information using various Internet search engines and sites.
- Provide SharePoint site content management and administration.
- Coordinate production of documents, including scanning, photocopying, binding, assembly and delivery upon completion.
- Use extensive knowledge of internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
- Evaluate and encourage process improvement to provide effectiveness and enhance service delivery.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work is prepared and tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Manage various projects from start to finish using Microsoft software and other firm systems or web based applications working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
Front Desk and Operational Support
- Support front desk administration including greeting visitors, answering calls, arranging for local transportation, maintaining guest book, temporary badges and fax distribution.
- Manage meeting planning services to include conference room scheduling and set up, catering and maintenance and supplies.
- Support to mobility services to include set up of workspace arrangements, maintenance and supplies.
- Assist with coordinating local office events and related activities.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for documents in accordance with firmwide records system.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing US mail, FedEx and courier services.
- Manage local office accounts payable coding process responsibilities.
- Maintenance of common areas in office including inventory, organizing and restocking supplies.
- On-site contact for vendor relations, safety and security, facility maintenance and repair issues and liaison with building management. Track data and prepare monthly space utilization report.
- Manage office supply inventory and related expenses, including stocking at printer stations, break room and conference center.
- Maintain network copier including toner replacement, troubleshooting prior to contacting vendor service, tracking and following-up on issues to ensure an acceptable uptime. Report network or telephone issues to appropriate parties
- Five years or greater administrative support and project work experience in a professional services and/or consulting firm environment.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion, technical competence and office administration ability.
- Intermediate level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- User expertise of office technology equipment such as multi-functional devices and LCD projectors.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Highly effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond to and resolve issues while keeping business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work well independently and in a team with professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to teach and guide others on use of software, tool and process and utilize both technical and interpersonal skills to assist clients.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Able to work some overtime and flexible hours and schedule as needed based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Extensive walking involved and ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.